If you’re bothered by spider veins on your body, you might be an excellent candidate for sclerotherapy. Get beautifully smooth, young-looking skin with a quick, easy procedure that has a proven track record.
What Is Sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy is a safe, FDA-approved treatment that works quickly to remove spider and varicose veins. It has been safely used for decades. Sclerotherapy is the treatment of choice for bulging veins in the hands, spider veins on the face and varicose veins on the leg. With this treatment, you get fast relief in a simple office procedure that doesn’t require surgery, downtime or recovery.
- It is a simple, quick procedure that you can do at our office.
- You only need one treatment.
- It’s low-cost compared to other cosmetic procedures.
- There is no downtime.
- It is minimally-invasive.
- It gives you long-lasting results.
How Does Sclerotherapy Work?
During a vein treatment, our doctor uses injections filled with a special solution. This could be polidocanol, sodium tetradecyl sulfate, or a saline solution. The solution attaches to the cells of your veins. This makes your blood vessels contract and get thinner. Over time, the solution prevents new bulges from forming.
What Is Foam Sclerotherapy?
In some cases, your doctor might use foam sclerotherapy. This is also known as ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy, because your doctor uses an ultrasound to help guide the injection. With foam sclerotherapy, the solution is thick and foamy rather than thin. This treatment has several advantages when used on large varicose veins:
- Ultrasound makes the placement more precise.
- The thick consistency allows the solution to stay in your veins longer.
- Foam is less likely to run or spill into surrounding areas.
- You get long-term benefits from the solution.
How Many Treatments Will You Need?
Most of our clients need only one treatment session if we’re treating spider veins or varicose veins. If we’re treating the large veins in your hands, you will need four separate treatments.
What Is the Procedure Like?
- It is fast. In most cases, it takes just minutes.
- It’s painless. Patients usually do not require anesthesia.
- It’s comfortable and discreet.
- It requires no lasers or incisions.
Are you ready to get smooth, young-looking skin? You don’t have to live with those visible spider veins for one more day. Feel free to visit O’Donnell Vein & Laser to learn more about what we offer. We are conveniently located in Easton and Annapolis. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!